Our aim and biggest mission is to train and produce a new generation of chefs capable of adapting to the latest trends and skills in pastry, baking and culinary.
Our syllabus is meticulously crafted and continuously updated in the hope of imbuing our students with self confidence that is fuelled with deep passion and enthusiasm upon graduating from our college. Students are being taught life skills, not merely academic skills.
What sets us apart from other local baking academies is that students enrolled in our college have the opportunity to complete a short course at a renowned university in Taiwan where they would be able to hone their skills and practical knowledge besides learning to create new recipes to satisfy the increasingly sophisticated demands of a fast-changing F&B industry that value creativity and innovation.
- The B&O experience – A low student-teacher ratio gives students more opportunity to interact with teachers. This ensures every student gets the attention they deserve.
- Job Opportunity – Our students are very much in-demand, over 90% of them have secured a job even before graduating.
- Strong Syllabus – Our syllabus is crafted and continuously updated so that students can adapt to the latest trends in the industry. An intensive 10-month course (70% practical training & 30% theory) with no semester break in between was designed to make sure students are hands-on for the 1st year. This is important for any skill-based courses.
- Opportunity to Study Overseas – Students enrolled in our college have the opportunity to study overseas where they can hone their skills. Apart from challenging them to be more creative and innovative, studying overseas will also help boost their self-confidence.
- Esteemed Instructors – B&O’s team of respected chefs have spent many years mastering the fine art of baking in Taiwan and have produced loads of successful students.
- Recognition – Our certificates are awarded by the government and are recognised by professional bodies.
- Facilities – With 6 kitchens fitted with state-of-the-art facilities, students are equipped with all the tools they need to succeed.
- Immediate Entrepreneurship – Competent students from B&O College are given first priority to joint venture with our highly successful and profitable Butter & Olive Bakery retail outlets spreading rapidly throughout Malaysia and beyond. All our retail outlets are very well accepted by the market with annual turnover of over RM 1million per outlet.
Chef Fu Chi Seng ( Taiwan )
Executive Bakery Chef @ Butter & Olive College of Baking and Culinary Arts
- Top-notch chef who have not only mastered the fine art of bakery and pastry, but also traditional Chinese desserts.
- Specialises in bread making and also deeply involved in research and development of new recipes.
- Head of Research & Development @ THE BREAD, Taiwan.
- Head of Bread Production @ 舒麥爾, Taiwan.
Chef Thai Eng Chui
Head Chef Instructor @ Butter & Olive College of Baking and Culinary Arts (Johor)
- More than 12 years of experience in international pastry and bakery with exceptional knowledge in cake making, bread making, chocolate making and cake decorations.
- Trained under various International Gold-Medalist Pastry Chefs in Taiwan.
- Chef Instructor @ Butter & Olive College of Baking and Culinary Arts (Headquarters).
- Assistant Pastry Chef @ Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.
- Junior Pastry Chef @ Shah Alam Club, Selangor.
Chef Lau Weng Yew
Chef Instructor @ Butter & Olive College of Baking and Culinary Arts
- More than 7 years of experience in pastries and highly skilled in cake productions.
- A graduate from Malaysia Institute of Baking with Diploma in Baking Sciences & Technology and Diploma in Pastries from City & Guilds London
- Currently involved in Research & Development to ensure talents are highly competent.
- Academy Chef @ Butter & Olive College of Baking and Culinary Arts (Headquarters).
- Pastry Chef @ Savory Café, Malaysia.
- Commis 3 @ Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur.
Chef Asfazurah Salim
Bakery & Pastry Chef @ Butter & Olive College of Baking and Culinary Arts
- 12 years of practical working experience in F&B line.
- Diploma in Culinary Arts from MARA University of Technology, Malaysia.
- Malaysia Skills Certificates (SKM) Pastry and Bakery Level 2 & 3.
- Head of Bakery & Ready-to-eat Department @ Giant Grocer, Malaysia.
- Practical training @ Istana Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Pegawai Penilai (PP) & Head of SKM @ Butter & Olive College of Baking and Culinary Arts
- Worked in various fields for 16 years and served in several 4-5 star hotels
- Diploma graduate from Universisti Teknologi Mara (UiTM) Shah Alam Selangor in 2001.
- Diploma in Chef Training
- Started from subordinate employees to the highest position
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Bakery Production Level 2 & 3
- Business Partner @ J&S Sweetspot (Bakery Shop) Klang, Selangor.
- Junior Sous Chef @ Grand Blue Wave Hotel, Shah Alam, Selangor.
- Department Head @ Cold Storage Malaysia Supermarket, Subang Jaya, Selangor.